FINISHED! Bird Wings for Alice

I put my head down this morning and finished these bird wings for my beautiful niece Alice, for her 5th birthday.  I really hope they make her fly -  she is starting school in February!  
IMG_1686
The pattern is based on this tutorial from Llevo el Invierno.  Eri has lots of amazing things on her blog so do check her out.
You might remember I made wings last year for another little girl, Hannah, but this time I made a few adjustments to improve the wearing (I hope).  I added a collar with velcro (rather than just ribbon) and also wrist cuffs with velcro. It's not super classy, but I hope it will help the wings stay on and also remove the choking hazard that Ben is always so worried about.
IMG_1687
Just like last time I used some gold leatherette for the back.  I really tried hard with the sewing at first to make it look nice but then decided not to worry too much as I think the uneven-ness adds to the charm.  (I would say that !).
This would be a good project for anyone looking to stashbust!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those wings are awesomely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn. I think though, that this will be the last pair I make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a pair for myself! Those colours are awesome and all the work you put into it! what a great untie you are, Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty! She's going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Merche, I totally want a pair for myself! The warm colors are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morgan, I think you should add some wings to your stash bustin projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Merche! I was worried using some pattern pieces but I think it worked out great. Do make some for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete